Wednesday, April 20, 2011

in other workplace news

Late in the day a friend stopped by my desk to catch up.  We were having an engaging conversation during which we agreed that we liked to keep some portion of our on-line lives private.

He likes guns.

I like bikes.

He said "Well what do you write about?"

I said that my friends didn't ride bicycles and didn't appreciate hearing me rant.

He said "Well what do you rant about?"

I took a deep breath.  "Guys take those tiny little bags and buckle them under the bike seats of their bicycles and ride along all bent over like that wearing too-tight pants.  I do NOT need to see that every goddamned day on the way to work and then on the way home.  Tiny creepy little bag hanging underneath someone's overly tight spandex.  FUCK."

My co-worker considered.  "I hate that too" he said finally.

He's such a good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment