Monday, February 4, 2013

same thing we do every night, Pinky

Today on the way to work.

1.  I saw one of my favorite bicycle people on Bryant Street.  He has this big peaceful sunny smile.  We always wave and wish each other a good morning or evening.  I've pretty much given up on being one of those types who spray rainbows wherever they go but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it in someone else.
2.  I saw a bicyclist with matching purple shoes and sweater.  I mentally awarded her the prize for best-dressed.
3.  The Contraption Captain added a red LED light to the back of my bicycle hopefully making me harder for cars to ignore.  A blinky Valentine from my favorite recumbist. 
4.  The fog took the edges of the houses and the trees.  It smoothed the world along including a few of my own rough edges.

The fog comes   
on little cat feet.   
 
It sits looking   
over harbor and city   
on silent haunches            
and then moves on.   

-Carl Sandburg

No comments:

Post a Comment